It's been another day of major developments in the global fight to contain the coronavirus outbreak.
We're pausing our live coverage for now, but we'll continue to bring you updates across the BBC 1593太阳集团城一切网址 website.
Here's the latest:
- The number of people who have tested positive for coronavirus worldwide passed 300,000, with more than 13,000 deaths. At least 93,000 people have recovered
- Spain registered its worst figures yet after almost 400 people died in a single day. It brought the national total there to 1,720
- It's a similar picture elsewhere. Iran, which is one of the worst-affected countries, reported a spike in both cases and deaths. As did Germany, Greece, France, Italy and a host of Asian countries
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel said she was self-quarantining after coming into contact with a doctor who has the virus. Her government also banned gatherings of more than two people
- Italy announced another 651 deaths in 24 hours, but the figure is less than the previous daily total
- Australia announced a nationwide shutdown of non-essential services. Pubs, clubs, gyms, cinemas and places of worship will all close
- More than a billion people in India were asked to observe a 14-hour long curfew to try to combat the pandemic
- And in the UK, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said special steps must be taken to protect 1.5m vulnerable people. The number of cases in the country reached 5,683, with 281 deaths